Chicken Tortilla Soup
This has become a family favorite. The best part if you like it spicy or hot you can make it easily, by substituting mild ingredients for their hot versions.
- 4 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15oz) can of un-drained crushed or petite tomatoes
- 1 (10oz) can of mild or medium red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped. I omit this because my son hates them and its just as good.
- 1 (4oz) can of chopped green chile peppers
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 (15oz) can of corn, drained
- 2 (14.5oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Instructions: Place all ingrediants in Crockpot. Cook on High for about 3 to 4 hours. When chicken is done. Pull out the chicken and shred with a fork. Caution they are hot! Add the chicken back in and let sit for about 5 minutes then serve. Top with cheese and tortilla strips or broken chips.